MDPen rapidly creates a pattern of micro channels in the treatment area that significantly increase the production of collagen and elastin to leave the skin smoother, fresher, and more uniform. Micro channels also create micro injuries which causes the body to send blood and growth factors to the area resulting in glowing, healthy skin.
Actual Patient Results
Please let your aesthetician know if you have any concerns about contraindications
The MDPen™ skin needling system allows for controlled induction of the skin’s self-repair mechanism by creating micro injuries in the skin to trigger new collagen synthesis, while not posing the risk of permanent scarring. The result is smoother, firmer and younger looking skin. Skin needling treatments are performed in a safe and precise manner with the sterile MDPen™ needlehead and are normally completed within 30-60 minutes, depending on the selected area.
After the procedure, the skin may be red and flushed in appearance, similar to moderate sunburn. In the treatment area, skin tightness and mild sensitivity may also be experienced. These side effects will diminish within a few hours following treatment and over the next 24 hours. After 3 days, there will be little evidence that the procedure has taken place.
Contraindications and precautions include: keloid or raised scarring; history of eczema, psoriasis, actinic (solar) keratosis, herpes simplex infections, diabetes, and other chronic conditions; presence of raised moles, warts or any raised lesions in the target area. Absolute contraindications include: scleroderma, collagen vascular diseases or cardiac abnormalities; rosacea or blood clotting problems; active bacterial or fungal infections; immuno-suppression; scars less than 6 months old; and facial fillers used in the past 2 - 4 weeks. Treatment is not recommended for patients who are pregnant or nursing.
• Wash your face thoroughly a few hours after the treatment. Gently massage your face with tepid water so as to remove all serum and other debris, such as dried blood. Do not use a chemical sunscreen on the same day as your treatment.
• For the first 1-3 days, your skin will be very dry and may feel tight. Frequent use of an HA (hyaluronic acid) serum or other moisturizer will help alleviate this condition.
• After 2-3, days you can return to using your regular skin care products, or as soon as it is comfortable for you to do so. Products containing Vitamin A are recommended.
• Avoid alcohol based toners for 10-14 days.
• Avoid direct sun exposure for 3-5 days, if possible. Use sun protection as suggested by your practitioner.
Red appearance of the skin will vary depending on your treatment and the depth of the penetration of the needles.
Redness or pinkness of the skin will be similar to moderate sunburn. Swelling may be more noticeable.
Skin may still be pink or have returned to normal color. Swelling will subside.
Get in touch. We're here to answer any questions you may have.